Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:36 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: U.S.A 1600 fj20 newbie.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:24 am 

Hello I’m from the U.S.A and new to this forum. I’m getting very close to buying a Datsun 510/1600 track car. I wanted to have the car make NA 200bhp and rev pretty high. One engine I thought of was the fj20 and thought it would be a good power plant. I know this is a pretty bulletproof engine. Over here in the U.S it’s not a common engine and I still had a few questions about the engine.
1. Would it be better to start with an factory NA engine or a turbo engine where I take off the turbo and make it NA?
2. What would needed to be done to have a fj20 at 200bhp but still be pretty drivable? I’m not looking to drive on the street just the track. If needed be I don’t mind stroking it as it’s going to be a long project that I plan to keep. I know spool import sells a stroker kit to get to 2.2L. I would like to keep the car NA as that my main goal though.
3. How high can this engine rev to? Online I’ve seen guys really take it far where the engine seems to be screaming.
4. Lastly, I am open to any suggestions for different engines if anyone has any advice.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

Wrong section, you dork.
Moved.

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/