Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:53 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 102  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Spotted
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:44 pm
Posts: 1504
Location: On a XR650r, VIC
Ive actually spotted you green200b.
I was visiting a mate in frankston. Ended up going for a mtb ride and you few past us haha

_________________
Dan.
Official organisor of Thursday nite pizza.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spotted
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:32 pm 
Offline
Donating Member
User avatar
Donating Member

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:21 pm
Posts: 3141
Location: Blackburn, Victoria.
Haha! That's awesome! How long ago was this?

I don't see that many Datsuns going around to be honest, there's hardly any down my end of town. And on the odd occasion they appear, they're driven by an old person and have fallen foul to some rust.

_________________
green200b - aka Alistair

The fleet:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A, coilovers, 4.1 Torsen LSD - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport, 4.44 LSD - cruiser
'82 Hilux - 350 Chev, 4.3 Detroit Locker, 33s - 4WD

Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spotted
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:12 pm
Posts: 525
Location: Melbourne
SIX-TEN wrote:
Jetdat wrote:
i have been on the road for 2 months now, someone spot me already!! :mrgreen:

Were you at the OzDat Dyno day?


no i wasnt.. why do u ask?

_________________
FOR SALE 1600 FIBREGLASS PARTS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spotted
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:12 pm
Posts: 525
Location: Melbourne
green200b wrote:
Jetdat wrote:
i have been on the road for 2 months now, someone spot me already!! :mrgreen:


Don't stress, I've been on the road for over a year and still haven't been spotted! But there aren't many other Datsuns anywhere near me.



yeah dont see many these days thats for sure..

_________________
FOR SALE 1600 FIBREGLASS PARTS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spotted
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:12 pm
Posts: 525
Location: Melbourne
although i did see a blue rally 1600 with cage and yellow mud flaps etc. on Koornang rd in carnegie last night :)

_________________
FOR SALE 1600 FIBREGLASS PARTS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spotted
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:32 pm 
Offline
Donating Member
User avatar
Donating Member

Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:01 pm
Posts: 1241
Location: Melbourne,VIC
That was my 120y at the ozdat dyno day with jetdat n.o plates lol :D

_________________
120Y 2DOOR SEDAN Z18TURBO

MY 120Y http://o/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=9796

My Shed Build viewtopic.php?f=84&t=33757


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spotted
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:12 pm
Posts: 525
Location: Melbourne
trb012 wrote:
That was my 120y at the ozdat dyno day with jetdat n.o plates lol :D



haha

i thought he might have seen you.. i have seen your car ages ago at knox by the way.. my jaw dropped when i saw your paltes :lol:

i was thinking about getting those plates back in 1995 but kinda got over them..but the nick remained with me since then :mrgreen:

_________________
FOR SALE 1600 FIBREGLASS PARTS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spotted
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:27 pm
Posts: 2152
Location: Creswick, Vic
I thought i spotted Green200B in richmond once, but it was just another dude in the same colour car who, after honking and giving him the thumbs up with no response, i dont think even realised he was driving such a beast/datsun.
green200b wrote:
Haha! That's awesome! How long ago was this?

I don't see that many Datsuns going around to be honest, there's hardly any down my end of town. And on the odd occasion they appear, they're driven by an old person and have fallen foul to some rust.


Yeah and when i was livin 5 minutes down the road from you i didn't know you... What a bummer that was... I waited months for a mate to lend me his garage to do an engine swap when i could just done it at yr place lol... ah well all good now.

_________________
Quote:
dattos aren't MEANT to be nice - they're meant to hardcore - occasional road use only, semi rally / racing cars with stripped interiors, full cages and a pair of webers.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spotted
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:13 am 
Offline
Donating Member
User avatar
Donating Member

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:21 pm
Posts: 3141
Location: Blackburn, Victoria.
Riley wrote:
Yeah and when i was livin 5 minutes down the road from you i didn't know you... What a bummer that was... I waited months for a mate to lend me his garage to do an engine swap when i could just done it at yr place lol... ah well all good now.


I know! Man it would have made my life so much easier had I known about your existence back then. Ah well.....

_________________
green200b - aka Alistair

The fleet:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A, coilovers, 4.1 Torsen LSD - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport, 4.44 LSD - cruiser
'82 Hilux - 350 Chev, 4.3 Detroit Locker, 33s - 4WD

Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spotted
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:11 pm
Posts: 2047
Location: Melbourne SE
Jetdat wrote:
trb012 wrote:
That was my 120y at the ozdat dyno day with jetdat n.o plates lol :D



haha

i thought he might have seen you.. i have seen your car ages ago at knox by the way.. my jaw dropped when i saw your paltes :lol:

i was thinking about getting those plates back in 1995 but kinda got over them..but the nick remained with me since then :mrgreen:

^^^^ LOL

Thats why I asked.....

_________________
"You stay classy OzDat"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spotted
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 97
Location: Mebourne
spotted on sunday at narre warren autobarn. orange '79 200b, cream vinal roof intact!

SLAMED on pollished 260z rims, looked really clean

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spotted
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:11 pm
Posts: 2047
Location: Melbourne SE
Mastadd240k wrote:
spotted on sunday at narre warren autobarn. orange '79 200b, cream vinal roof intact!

SLAMED on pollished 260z rims, looked really clean

Yeah one of the guys that works there owns it.

I think it has a rebuilt L20 with twin 45webers and some other cool touches.

I think he bought it off a mate or something?

but yeah very clean ride.

_________________
"You stay classy OzDat"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spotted
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:11 pm
Posts: 2047
Location: Melbourne SE
Spotted a nice white 1200 coupe on the monash this morning, nice to see some Dattos popping up here and there :D

_________________
"You stay classy OzDat"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spotted
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:12 pm
Posts: 525
Location: Melbourne
SIX-TEN wrote:
Spotted a nice white 1200 coupe on the monash this morning, nice to see some Dattos popping up here and there :D



what time in the mornings are you on the monash?? and where do u get on and get off??

i am there every morning myself in the 1600 or the r33 skyline..

_________________
FOR SALE 1600 FIBREGLASS PARTS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Spotted
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:11 pm
Posts: 2047
Location: Melbourne SE
Get on at Narre or Berwick and get off at Toorak rd exit.

I'm usually on the freeway about just after 7-7:30 and get in to the city around an hour later, which is typical Monash.

if I'm not in the Datto I'm in My Gf's MX5 SE.

But some days I'm cbf driving so I catch the train in to the city and I think I will start doin it more offten since the traffic on the Monash is getting worse and worse!

How about you?

_________________
"You stay classy OzDat"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1516 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 102  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group